Thursday, June 13, 2013

FMB Author Promotions ~ Excerpt for How (Not) to Kiss a Toad (Cindy Eller Cupcakes #1) by Elizabeth A Reeves

Read-A_Long: How (Not) to Kiss a Toad (Cindy Eller Cupcakes #1) By Elizabeth A. Reeves

Today we have the honor of hosting the first excerpt of How (Not) to Kiss a Toad, by Elizabeth A. Reeves.  Stop at each blog to continue reading! 
Life isn't always sweet for magical baker, Cindy Eller. All her life she's been cursed-- every man she's ever kissed has turned into a toad. Love isn't likely to come her way, she knows.
 
If that weren't a big enough problem, her 'curse' has come to the attention of the Council of Magic and she may never be able to use her powers.
Enter the perfect man-- handsome, sweet, and loves food just as much as Cindy does. It would seem to be a match made in Heaven, or is it?
Cindy isn't the only one keeping secrets.
With toads, cupcakes, romance, magic and ice cream, life never has time to get dull!

Excerpt #9 ~

“He liked you!” Jessi hissed at me, as she gathered up a dozen cookies for a baseball team.
“He did not,” I replied instantly. “I acted like an idiot.”
“He seriously liked you,” she repeated. “And he was yummy!”
So yummy, I thought dreamily.
“No!” I hissed at Jessi. “I told you. I’m dating SweetDreams Ice Cream now.”
Jessi snickered. “Are you exclusive? Because I’m pretty sure I saw a pint in Tansy’s room.”
I glared at her. “You are so not helping.”
Jessi grinned, unrepentant. “Says the woman who lets ice cream cheat on her.”
“Jessi!”
The bell on the door rang and in came Tansy, holding my ‘date purse’ gingerly out in front of her.
 “Do not,” she said with emphasis, “ever leave me alone with this thing again. I woke up to it on my pillow, staring at me.” She shivered. “It gives me the creeps.”
I glared at the purse, which was attempting to scoot off of the counter.
“Nathan!” I scolded. “Bad toad! Bad!”
I looked up at Tansy, pleadingly. “Can’t you watch him? I can’t exactly keep him here. Toxic toads in a bakery are not a good idea.”
“Oh, no,” Tansy said, backing up with her hands up to deflect the very idea. “You kiss the toad, you get to watch him.”
“Great,” I grumbled, staring at my still-wriggling purse. I looked at Jessi hopefully.
“No way,” she said, immediately. “Don’t even consider it. Not for all the Chocolate Chipotle truffles in the world.”
“Fine.” I snatched up my purse. “Some friends you are.”
“Toad-sitting is way beyond the call of duty,” Tansy muttered to Jessi.


Schedule for Excerpt Releases:
June 3rd- Paranormal Romance Fans for Life (Excerpt #1)
June 4thMy Seryniti (Excerpt #2)

June 5th- Deal Sharing Aunt (Excerpt #3)

June 6thGimme The Scoop Reviews (Excerpt #4)

June 7th- A_TiffyFit's Reading Corner (Excerpt #5)

June 10thI am, Indeed (Excerpt #6)

June 11thSimply Infatuated (Excerpt #7)

June 12th- Bea's Book Nook (Excerpt #8)

June 13th- Literal Hotties Naughty Book Reviews (Excerpt #9)

June 14th- Total Book Geek  (Excerpt #10)
About Elizabeth A. Reeves:
Legend has it that Elizabeth A Reeves was born with a book in her hands and immediately requested a pony. Though this story is questionable, it is true that books and horses have been consistent themes in her life. Born in Massachusetts, she was quickly transplanted to Arizona by a professor father and creativity-driven mother, who is the one responsible for saying "If you can't find a book that you want to read, write a book you want to read."
In her spare time, she likes to knit, weave, hatch chickens, and chase after her husband and four sons.
Please Join Elizabeth at her blogs:

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are commenting anonymous please leave an email for contacting purposes on Giveaways