Saturday, June 29, 2013

Club El Diablo Series!! Yummy BDSM Goodness!!

I love me a hot BDSM series!! This series delivers in so many ways.

It is not your typical erotica, there is more detail in the BDSM scenes/play than the actual sex. It is really interesting to get into the heads of the subs and Doms. Much more time is spent on the whole dynamic of the alternative relationship. In some ways it felt more real life than many BDSM romances out there.

The characters are flawed and most of the time are just looking to relieve sexual tension than fall in love. Love is a by product on the deep emotional connections they reach. While they are love stories they are not super sappy.

Now there were a few books in the series that were not entirely to my liking. Mostly because I am not into pregnancy kink or darker play. Happily you could skip both books and never miss a beat in the series. Or try them out and see if you find something new to enjoy. Everybody has different taste and comfort level in BDSM reading.

I really love all the characters in this series and find myself doing a happy dance when Lydia and Damien, from the first book, make appearances. Hope there is way more of them to come!! They are by far my favorite characters!

Check out my review below and then boogie on over to Amazon and pick up the first book and let the love affair begin!!


One Dom at a Time (Club El Diablo, #1)One Dom at a Time by Holly S. Roberts
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

A really interesting read. I am not usually into books about Domme but this one was great! Lydia is a terrific character she has strength and compassion. By the end of the book you had some of her back story but it felt like a little something was still missing. I loved her attitude and all the names she came up with for Damien!

Damien is a yummy Alpha Dom who knows what he wants and does everything in his considerable power to get it, even cheat. I would have liked to hear his thoughts in the story. Sadly it was a one sided narrative. Maybe having his side of things would have made the feelings a bit more real.

The story seemed rushed at times. It was a novella and time is of the essence but I would have like more development of the feelings and the chase.

The steam was all over the place. When these two powerhouses finally made it to a bed they burned it up! There were also a few club scenes that were sexy. I was not into them as much as they involved the leads with people other than each other.

Overall a great start to the series! I hope Angela, Raul and Kyle have stories in the works. I am definitely hooked on the series!

Piercing a Dom's Heart (Club El Diablo, #2)Piercing a Dom's Heart by Holly S. Roberts
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This is the second book in the Club El Diablo series and delivers on th promise of th first book.

Willow is a great character and shows great depth an complexity. She is searching for acceptance whole rebelling against the norm. Loved her sassy attitude!

Bran is the usual playboy billionaire Dom. It was interesting to have the narrative from his side but I would have liked Willie's thoughts too.

Loads of steam both in the Club and in the bedroom! There were Dom pretty hot BDSM scenes that really had me imagination revved!

I am really enjoying the touches of humor in the series an loving the storytelling. I adored that it ended not on the typical "the end" but with the delightfully hopeful words "the beginning"!

Touched by a Dom (Club El Diablo #3)Touched by a Dom by Holly S. Roberts
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Alright, here is the tough part of the review I was not a fan of Kyle. I like light and fluffy Dom/sub play. I love a sub with attitude and the Dom who can tame her. This was way more sadist than I am into. Plus I prefer when the couple get together that the are exclusive, that means no sceneing with others. But this is a common trait of this series I have to ignore.

I think I would have liked Kyle better if I knew what was going on in his head. He was I bet complex and you did not get a good grasp on his motivations until the end.

As always the other folks in the Club bring humor and lightness to the story. I am still hoping for a Raul HEA! And I love that pregnancy only makes Lydia more of a bad a$$!

Not my favorite book in the series but still an enjoyable read!

Domination in Pink (Club El Diablo #4)Domination in Pink by Holly S. Roberts
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Nice quick read. Lots of humor in this one!! I am not generally into pregnancy kink but felt compelled to read this because it is part of the series. I wavered on the number of stars because it is a good story just not my cup of tea in the steam department.

Lydia and Damien are my fav characters in the series so far! They have a terrific dynamic! I have really enjoyed Damien freaking out about the pregnancy in the last couple books!t

A fun light read that takes you away from the worries of the world for a short time. The BDSM is nicely portrayed and I loved that this story was from Damien's POV!!! Yeah! I adore getting into the thoughts of an Alpha male!

Delicious!

Two Doms for Angel (Club El Diablo #5)Two Doms for Angel by Holly S. Roberts
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

On my where to start with this one. This is the fifth book in the series and takes a turn off the established track in many ways. First, it is much longer and feels darker.

There are much more serious back stories for the characters and the first theirs of the book is mostly flashbacks. It was a lot of story to take in and at times it dragged. I understand this was to give us more of the Heroes motivations but it could have been chopped down.

There is much more scene playing going on in thus book. While that is all interesting and informative, I would have liked more sex in the mix. I did really love the shibari and would have loved more. There is too little about the art in BDSM!

These characters were all rather serious most of the time. It made me miss the banter and sarcastic dynamic of past couples. I have just come to enjoy lighthearted play from the series and was disappointed in the stoic feel of this book.

This book also stepped things up with a ménage dynamic. It is easy to see that Zach is very conflicted and as it is his narrative that flows through the story.

There is also the whole slave element with Angel. I never really enjoy stories that are slave/master relationships and I found myself skimming at times. I am more of a sassy brat and can relate to them much better than the obedient slave.

An interesting read but not a favorite for me. But if you enjoy this type of BDSM I am sure you will love it and all the turmoil.

Bad Boy Dom (Club El Diablo #6)Bad Boy Dom by Holly S. Roberts
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

It took a little time to get here but this is the promise I felt in the first book! I knew this series had the ability to make me laugh and cry at the same time!!!

Two damaged souls coming together and helping each other heal is beautiful!! I love a bad boy musician and Krispen really delivers! Angela is dented but not broken. Her spirit is wonderful and I loved all her sass!! She is one of my new fav heroines!! Sure she has issues but don't we all.

I loved the narrative being spit between the two characters and clearly marked when the voice changes.Really easy to follow and it helped you understand both sides of the romance. Fabulous story telling. The characters were engaging and you easily loved them for their flaws and strengths. The author does a wonderful job of bringing them to life and making them relateable. Wonderful pacing, even though it is novel length it did not feel long.

Loads of BDSM scenes going on and while I am not into pain it was interesting to read. You really get more into the head of the submissive who needs pain and the motivation behind the need. There is a surprising lack of detail in the actual sex scenes but it does not hurt the story one bit.

I can not wait for the next book with the other bandmates! Yummilicious indeed!

Loving Two Doms (Club El Diablo #7)Loving Two Doms by Holly S. Roberts
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

What a great series!! I have loved reading these books ad can not wait for the next one!!

Jewel was a delightful character and just my sort of bratty gal!! Plenty of attitude to keep those bossy Doms on their toes! And she was no doormat!! Loved all her sass!

I loved the whole dynamic between Stephon and Matt. I really like that they were so comfortable with each other and their sexuality. What a yummy threesome!!

I really enjoyed the progression in the writing and that we now get the narrative from all angles. I really like that each section is clearly marked with who is t he telling the story. It is really easy to follow the action and emotions of each character.

I have come to love the whole feel of this series. The steam factor is high but not in the usual way. It is more about BDSM scenes and play than actual intercourse. The scenes are very detailed and the actual sex gets a gloss over. it is different but not unpleasant. I like that the BDSM explanations feel organic rather than a course in BDSM 101.

This book ends with my new fav two words...The Beginning! What a delightfully optimistic way to finish a romance instead of the final sounding The End!

I love revisiting the club and Lydia and Damien!! Can not wait to see what the future holds!!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are commenting anonymous please leave an email for contacting purposes on Giveaways