Saturday, May 4, 2013

Review - The First Order (Safeword, LLC #1) by Peyton Elizabeth


The First Order (Safeword, LLC #1)

[Erotic Consensual BDSM Ménage a Trois Romance, M/F/M, public exhibition, flogging, spanking, sex toys, HEA]

Becca Schuler has always fantasized about bondage, but does that really make her depraved? According to an ex-boyfriend, it does.

After losing her job, and with no way to pay her rent, Becca hits a local bar to drown her sorrows. The last thing she expects is to meet a mysterious woman who assures that she can make Becca’s dream a reality. Is there really a company called Safeword LLC that places submissive women with dominant men per their preferences on a simple application?

Knowing she has nothing to lose, Becca fills out the form on www.safewordllc.com. Her placement lands her in the sensual and strict hands of Lane and Ross Ellison, who train her to be their ideal submissive. But when Becca’s fear of not being perfect weaves its way into their lives, she sets out to be just that and unknowingly risks losing it all.

Note: There is no sexual relationship or touching for titillation between or among siblings.



~MY REVIEW~


The First Order (Safeword, LLC #1)The First Order by Peyton Elizabeth
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

First of all I would like to say I am a big fan of Ms. Elizabeth's other series Menage.com, so I was thrilled when she offered me a copy of this book to review.

The book cover is always the first impression of the book. I love a sexy steamy cover with hotties to drool over so this one was disappointing. I hate the Fifty Shades trend of cover art. I have an ereader so I can read naughty books anywhere and have sexy cover models to imagine as the heroes!

I really like the concept for this new series, an agency that places Submissives with Doms. It is really intriguing. The downside is that this first book feels rather remedial. I am a fan of the genre so I know a lot about it from reading other books and this was very educational.

Becca is a really well thought out character who is new to the lifestyle. The whole premise of her book deals with training, that lends to the BDSM 101 feel of the story. There is great detail for anybody who is curious about the lifestyle and the author really gets into the mindset of the characters.

Logan and Ross were really interesting but I wish they could have been more dynamic. They felt more one dimensional to me, until the end when they showed more range. They also fell flat in a few conversations. The situation they were talking about felt unrealistic, it was more for the reader to gain information than a real talk between brothers.

The steam was more scene play and less intercourse. The scenes were really detailed and it was interesting to see how they played out. I usually enjoy books with lighter play and a brattier/sassier gal. I was not put off by the BDSM but it was not a style I am usually into. It gave me more of an insight into the lifestyle. The training was much more involved than I would have expected.

This story was not so much about romance. Actually there was very little. I would have loved more about the time they shared together and how the feeling blossomed. The feelings felt secondary at times. Perhaps it is more realistic to the lifestyle but I prefer more romance in my erotica.

All the critiques aside there was enough story to have my crying over their relationship! So, something had to have been right!

Ms. Elizabeth also did a terrific job of drawing you into future books of the series. She gave a taste of several great personalities that I am dying to hear more about! I am definitely intrigued and will be waiting less than patiently for the next book. This was a good start and I have great hopes for the future of this series!

View all my reviews

Be sure to take a moment to check out the website the ties into the series! http://www.safewordllc.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are commenting anonymous please leave an email for contacting purposes on Giveaways